Happy Nollaig na mBan and Happy New Year from everyone here at Breast Cancer Research.
Nollaig na mBan (Women’s Little Christmas) is an historic Irish tradition celebrated each year on January 6 to acknowledge the contributions of women.
We asked you to get together with your friends, family, neighbours, classmates, or work colleagues today to host an event to raise awareness and funds for vital breast cancer research.
Thank you to everyone who has signed up to take part in our Nollaig na mBan campaign, we hope you and all involved enjoy celebrating this historic tradition. Your participation and generosity will help Breast Cancer Research positively impact the future for women.
Some Nollaig na mBan events taking place across the country include;
- A staff get together in Dubarry of Ireland’s Headquarters, where male staff will serve their female colleagues during tea breaks and lunch breaks
- An evening of food, fun and entertainment in Raftery’s Bar in Craughwell, Co Galway
- A staff day in Anthony Ryans, Galway
- A coffee morning and exhibition at the Jackie Clarke Collection in Ballina, Co Mayo
- The House Hotel in Galway hosted the Galway Women’s Little Christmas event on Sunday, 3 January
A number of supporters are hosting events in their homes with their friends, family and neighbours to raise funds for Breast Cancer Research.
Funds raised from the Nollaig na mBan campaign will support research projects focusing on areas of personalised medicine, breast regeneration, and innovative diagnostics and therapeutics.
Some recent Nollaig na mBan media coverage