What can you do on Nollaig na mBan to support Breast Cancer Research?
Nollaig na mBan (Women’s Little Christmas)
Nollaig na mBan, or Women’s Little Christmas, is an old Irish tradition celebrated on January 6th each year, originally created as a day where women got together for a much needed rest after the stress of the Christmas season. This year, we are asking ladies to get together on January 6th to celebrate the end of the Christmas while helping to raise funds in support of Breast Cancer Research.
Photo: Breast Cancer Research Chairperson, Miriam Hand and RTE’s Teresa Mannion enjoying some festive treats at the launch of ‘Nollaig na mBan’ recently. Photo: Martina Regan
Gather with your friends, family, neighbours, classmates or work colleagues to host an event on January 6
to raise awareness and funds for Breast Cancer Research.
This is an opportunity to celebrate the contribution of women in your life while also positively impacting future outcomes for breast cancer patients.
To register for a fundraising pack call 091 863 917 or Email: email@example.com before Tuesday, December 20th.
Here are some event ideas, we’d love to hear your fundraising ideas too!
- Organise a coffee morning or bake sale in your home, workplace or community
- Host a lunch or dinner for the women in your life
- Get together in your local pub, hotel or sports club for a table quiz or cards night
- Gather with your friends and family for an unused Christmas gift raffle
- Get active – organise a walk, run, cycle or swim to benefit Breast Cancer Research
With your help we can positively impact the future for women!